Office 2013 RT Media Builder
Automated preparation of Office 2013 RT Home & Student Plus Installation Package
Office 2013 RT Home & Student Plus Media Builder will create an Office 2013 RT installation package for any supported language and optionally download and integrate Office updates.
- An x86 or x64 PC running Windows 8.1 or above (Can be run directly on Windows 10 Build 15035 or on Windows RT 8.1 if the device is jailbroken but this is untested, this guide assumes it is being run on an x86 or x64 PC).
- 4GB of available hard drive space on the device Office Media Builder is being run on depending on the selected options (Users of Bulk Mode will require up to 90GB of hard drive space).
- 1.Right click on the downloaded file and select "Extract All..."
- 2.Select a destination for the extracted files.
- 3.Click "Extract".
Extracting Office Media Builder
The use of Office 2013 RT Media Builder or the installation package it produces is entirely at your own risk.
Apart from a leaked Malaysian version there are no installation packages for Office 2013 RT HSP available. The output from this media builder is a kitbash of files from the leaked Malaysian installer and publicly available language packs and updates.
The created installation package has only been tested on Windows 10 Build 15035 for ARM32 and it may not be suitable for use on other ARM32 or ARM64 builds of Windows.
Only English, French and German output has been installation tested.
- 1.Open the folder where Office Media Builder was extracted to.
- 2.Right click on "Build.cmd" and select "Run as administrator".
Running Office Media Builder
Office 2013 RT Home & Student Plus Media Builder
- 1.Create Office 2013 RT Home & Student Plus Installation Package At the main menu select option "1" to begin.
- 2.The default Office language is English, would you like to select another language (Y/N)? Answering "Y" will display a list of available languages for Office 2013 RT, select the language by entering its number from the list. Answering "N" will default to English (United States) and skip language selection.
- 3.Select Office Update Options.
- 1.No Updates
- 2.Service Pack 1
- 3.Service Pack 1 & Post Service Pack 1 Updates
- 4.Would you like to include an activation script (Y/N)? Answering "Y" will include an activation script in the created installation package, answering "N" will skip creating an activation script.
- 5.Would you like to create a ZIP of the installation package (Y/N)? Answering "Y" will create a ZIP file containing the created installation package, answering "N" will skip creating a ZIP file.
- 6.Would you like to continue? (Y/N)? Previously selected options will be displayed. Answering "Y" will start the process of downloading any required files and building the installation package, Answering "N" will return to the Main Menu.Example of a Confirmation Screen
- 7.The path to the installation files will be displayed and the following prompt will be shown:Would you like to open this folder (Y/N)?Answering "Y" will open the parent folder where the ZIP (if selected) and installation files are contained, answering "N" will skip to the next step.Office Media Builder Output Folder (Contains Output ZIP File and Folder)
- 8.Goodbye Press any key to continue . . .All done, after a key is pressed Office Media Builder will close.Office Media Builder Complete
Once the installation package has been created by following the steps above the files need be a copied to a USB drive or a network share that is accessible from the target device. If the ZIP file is used it must be extracted before proceeding with setup.
- 1.Open the folder containing the Office 2013 RT installation package.
- 2.Double click on "setup.exe".
- 3.Once the Office 2013 RT setup application has loaded click "Install Now".Installation will take between 5 and 30 minutes depending on the device and the level of updates selected.
- 4.Once installation is complete click "Close".
Office 2013 RT Setup Executable
Office 2013 RT Installation
Office 2013 RT Installation Started
Office 2013 RT Installation Complete
This step only applies if the option to include an activation script was selected
- 1.Open the folder containing the Office 2013 RT installation package.
- 2.Double click on "activate.cmd".
- 3.Wait for license and product key modification to complete.
- 4.Press any key to close the activation script.
Modification of Office 2013 RT License
Entering "U" on the Main Menu will check for any available updates to the download lists used by Office Media Builder. If any updates are available a confirmation prompt will be shown before proceeding with the update.
Updates to Office Media Builder download lists are generally made available after the second Tuesday of each month for any products still being supported, the lists may also be updated as needed if there are changes to the location of the files referenced in the lists.
Office Media Builder has some limited configuration settings but generally there is no need to change the defaults. To access the Settings Menu enter "S" at the Main Menu and press Enter.
Office Media Builder Settings Menu
1: Select "Downloads" Parent Directory (Office Media, Language Packs & Updates) - Changes the path where Office Media Builder will download its files to.
2: Select "Tmp" Parent Directory (Temporary Files) - Changes the path where Office Media Builder will extract any temporary files and create any working directories.
3: Select "Office_Media" Parent Directory (Output Office Media) - Changes the path where Office Media Builder places its output.
5: Download Verification (SHA-1) - If disabled then Office Media Builder will skip verification of any files that have been downloaded.
8: Office 2013 Product Key - Change the Product Key applied to activation script.
B: Bulk Mode - Disabled by default, if enabled then Office Media Builder will offer additional options during creation of installation package or downloading of files to perform the operation for multiple languages.
9: KMS Address - Change the address to the Key Management Services host server applied to the activation script.
0: Torrent Download from Archive.org - Disabled by default, if enabled then Office Media Builder will download any files from Archive.org via BitTorrent instead of HTTP. Enabling this option may improve download speeds but results may vary.
O: Office Product Key Type - Will switch product key type between GVLK (Generic Volume License Key) and Retail. Selecting GVLK will attempt to activate via the KMS selected under option 9, selecting Retail will attempt to activate via Microsoft using a valid Office 2013 Home & Business key.
Switching the product key type will automatically change the Office product key selected under option 7 however the default Retail key provided will not activate Office, after switching to retail the user must enter their own valid Office 2013 Home & Business key under option 7.
Due to licensing restrictions Office 2013 RT cannot be activated on operating systems other than Windows RT. To avoid this restriction the SKU is changed after installation, if GVLK is selected then the SKU will be converted to Office 2013 Standard Volume License and if Retail is selected the SKU will be converted to Office 2013 Home & Business Retail.
D: Set Default Values - Returns Office Media Builder to its default settings.
E: Exit Settings - Return to Main Menu.
- 7-Zip - Copyright (C) 1999-2019, Igor Pavlov.
- Aria2 - Copyright (C) 2006, 2019 Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa.
- GNU Wget - Copyright (C) 1996-2008, Free Software Foundation, Inc.
- Media Builder & Guide - @jwa4.